In addition to installing a wide range of products such as LED Lighting, EV Charging and CCTV systems, we also conduct a range of electrical tests to ensure that all of your fixed and portable appliances are safe and running as they should.
Portable Appliance Testing, or PAT for short, is the process of checking the safety of electrical appliances through a variety of visual inspections and electronic tests. HES offer a PAT testing service, making sure you are covered and have the correct certification for all your electrical equipment and are compliant with regulations.
To ensure that you are fully secure and have all of the correct certificates for your electrical equipment, HES are able to conduct a PAT Testing service for you to make sure that all of your electrical equipment is safe and working correctly!
There is now a new legislation that must be complied with to ensure that your house is safe. Landlords are required to have all electrical installations in their rental property checked every 5 years by an electrician – this step will improve 4.5 million households in the Private Rented Sector!
Harvey Electrical Services provide thorough and reliable landlord electrical safety testing, fixed wire testing and EICR’s throughout the North East including Darlington, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Newton Aycliffe, Northallerton, Sunderland and Yarm.
An EICR, or Electrical Installations Condition Report, will need to include details of the inspection that has been carried out and any further work that needs doing to ensure the property is safe. There are different requirements for landlords and tenants.
• After the first checks have been completed, they must then be carried out every five years
• Any work that needs to be done within the property to make sure it is safe must be done within 28 days of the first initial inspection
• A copy of the Electrical Installations Condition Report will be provided to both knew and retained tenants
• By law your landlord must ensure all the electrical installations in your home are safe for the full period of your tenancy
• For any new tenants before you move into the property the electrical checks should already have been carried out
• If you are an existing tenant, the checks must have been completed by the 1st of April 2021
• For all tenants, you must be provided with a copy of the EICR as this will confirm your property is safe to live in
At Harvey Electrical Services our team of highly qualified electricians are available to carry out the Electrical Installations Condition Report (EICR) and PAT Testing throughout the North East.
Call us on 01325 249 294 or visit www.harveyelectricalservices.com