Electrical Installations Condition Report (EICR)
Are you a landlord or tenant? Did you know that there is a new legislation that must be complied with to ensure that your house is safe? Landlords are required to have all electrical installations in their rental property checked every 5 years by an electrician. This step that has been taken will improve 4.5 million households in the Private Rented Sector!
To help landlords ensure that legislation is complied with Harvey Electrical Services provide thorough and reliable landlord electrical safety testing, fixed wire testing and EICR’s throughout Darlington, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Newton Aycliffe, Northallerton, Sunderland, Yarm and the North East area.
An Electrical Installations Condition Report (EICR) will be given to the tenant and landlord from the electrician. The report will need to include details of the inspection that has been carried out and any further work that needs doing to ensure the property is safe. If you are a landlord this means that:
– Electrical installations must be inspected before the start of a tenancy from the 1st of July 2020
– All checks need to be carried out on existing tenancies by 1st of April 2021
– After the first checks have been completed, they must then be carried out every five years
– Any work that needs to be done within the property to make sure it is safe must be done within 28 days of the first initial inspection
– A copy of the Electrical Installations Condition Report will be provided to both knew and retained tenants
– By law your landlord must ensure all the electrical installations in your home are safe For the full period of your tenancy
– For any new tenants before you move into the property the electrical checks should already have been carried out
– If you are an existing tenant, the checks must have been completed by the 1st of April 2021
– For all tenants, you must be provided with a copy of the Electrical Installations Conditions Report as this will confirm your property is safe to live in
Here at Harvey Electrical Services, we are highly qualified electricians and are available to carry out the Electrical Installations Condition Report (EICR) in any private rented properties in the North East. Call us on 01325 249 294 or visit harveyelectricalservices.com